Autocase has hired some great coop students from Wilfrid Laurier University’s Master of Arts in Business Economics (MABE) program. Our current coop student is the tallest yet – Vladimir Matovic – he stands head and shoulders above the rest of our staff.
In addition to his high standing among his co-workers, he is also outstanding among his peers. Vlad is the John R Finlay Memorial Scholarship recipient. The award is granted to the student who achieves the highest overall GPA exceeding 10.0 (A-) at the end of the second semester. Congratulations Vlad – from all of us at Autocase.
- The Finlay Scholarship was established in memory of John Finlay, a member of the Department of Economics from 1969 to 1992.
Vlad also picked up the John and Ann Weir Masters in Economics Scholarship on entry to the program.
- The John and Ann Weir Award of Distinction was established by Dr. John A. Weir, president emeritus of Laurier and chair of the Department of Economics (1968-1978), his wife Ann and their family.
Also in Vlad’s trophy case:
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Recipient
- USports Academic All-Canadian
- Laurier Graduate Prestige Scholarship
- Dean of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Scholarship
- “Top Achieving Economics Student Award” – Class of Spring 2017
- 4 x CIS Academic All-Canadian
- 4 x Deans Honour Role
- Alastair Robertson Scholarship (Top Intermediate Macroeconomics Achiever)
- Max Lowenstein Scholarship (Top Economics student after 3 years)
- Stewarts Scholar’s Fund (Top Economics student after 2 years)
- 4 x Laurier Golden Hawk Scholarship
- Sandy Nixon Basketball Award
- Peter Ansley Basketball Award
- Urosevic Family Basketball Award
- Entrance Scholarship 1 – Economics
Yes, we are very proud to have Vlad a member of the Autocase team.